Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Polynesian Dancers

Years ago, after I attended the wedding reception for the son of a Tongan friend, I told my oldest daughters, "You should marry someone from a really cool culture; none of this boring, white bread American stuff." They stared at me as if I was crazy. At 13 and 14, they had no interest in discussing weddings.

If you have no Polynesian friends, you're missing out. No one throws parties like Polynesians.

At the recent reception for our friends from our church congregation, the bride's sister, cousins and friends prepared dances as gifts to the couple. It was just gorgeous.

-





































































 My kids can marry whoever they want; but, I know who I'm hiring if I'm ever asked to plan a party.

All photos: copyright The Reflection Works Photography
Dancers: Poly Nui Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment